Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day ...........

My Mother's Day was definitely not RELAXING, JOYFUL or GREAT.....I had two cranky kids that kept me busy ALL day long. My house magically became a complete WRECK. There is stuff everywhere and dishes all over the counter. Alex was fussy towards the end of the day and Malik is just tired and ready to see his mommy. SOOOO it was not the "First" Mothers Day I dreamed about.

BUT!!!!

I would not have traded it for the world. I got to spend time with my SON and my NEPHEW. I got to have time to snuggle and play and just be with them. I hoped I would get some cute presents or something to pamper myself, but I did not. Honestly, I am glad I did not get anything. I am glad because that is not what Mother's Day is about. Mother's Day is a day to celebrate being a MOTHER it is to Celebrate your CHILDREN and to Celebrate the LOVE you have for them. I need to remember that. I got to give LOVE times 2....

I need to remember that I could have it a whole lot worse!!! I need to be happy that I have a wonderful, PERFECT son to love and cherish. I have a wonderful husband that loves me and takes care of me. He works so hard for me and Alex and I sometimes take it for granted. I LOVE MY FAMILY.
Although sometimes I DO get discouraged and I feel bad for myself. I hate being alone and I hate everything being hectic. I have to have routine and when it all gets messed up it makes me upset. That is something that I have to get over. And I WILL.

I do agree that I need to stop letting people walk all over me. I stretch myself way to thin. I get to much on my plate and I can't handle everything. I LOVE to make people happy and I love it when people appreciate the things that I do. I just cannot please everyone. I have to remember that!!!

I need to start putting my foot down and letting people know what I expect.

Malik goes home to his mommy tomorrow and although I am glad he is getting to see his mommy I am SAD.. I have had so much (stressful) fun with him I hate to see him go. I know he will come and stay the night often so I am not worried. I love him so much and so does Alex. I will be able to get back into my routine and keep everything up again. I will be able to put Alex to bed around 9 and have my evenings to RELAX and do ME stuff. I miss that.

I need to go to sleep so I can get up in the morning and get Malik packed to go home. I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day even if it was not what you expected. I will be writing more as soon as things calm down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment