Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life Life Life

I have not been taking time for me lately... I have been being a mom to Alex and Big Sister/Parent to Emily and trying to be a wife.. It is harder that I thought to have a 15 year old. She is great to have here and I love the feeling of knowing that she is in the room next to me. It is just a weight off my shoulders. It is hard to know where to drawl the line. I don't know if I am to strict with her or to lenient with her. It is hard to know when I have never been a mother to a 15 year old before. I just want to know that she is safe, happy and getting good grades. That is all I am really worried about. I also want her to start a relationship with God. I need to start having talks with her about it. I need to be praying more often. When I was writing everyday on here it reminded me to take "me time" and "God Time". I need to NOT forget the real important things..
Alex is getting 4 teeth in on the top.. they are almost here and they are KILLING him.. He is the fussiest he has ever been. He still gives me smiles and laughs all the time. He is just in pain while doing it. I have been using Ora Gel like a mad woman. If anyone has ANY other ideas for teething let me know!!
I have ten gillion pictures to upload and I got like almost 20 of them done the other day. When I was done half the picture was cut off cause they were to big. So I deleted the post and decided to start another day.
Alex has been cracking me up. He has this really neat picture book my sister got me for my baby shower. It is a book that I can put pictures in he can play with it. It protects the pictures. Well I have one in there of me and him and him and Daddy. Every time he sees the picture of him and daddy he giggles and says "da da" it is the cutest thing ever!!.... I am so happy right now.. I just need to get into a routine that works for us now that Emily is here.
I will post some pictures soon..
I am going to a visitation this evening for a good friend. Her name is Peggy and she died from Cancer just a few months after her husband.. She was really miserable and hurting both emotionally from her husband and physically from her cancer. I am very sad that she is gone.. I love her.. But I am so glad she gets to be with all the people that she loves in heaven, her husband especially. She is totally pain free now and that is amazing.

I have so many things that I want to talk about so I am going to list them here and then that will remind me to make a post about it.

Our Golf Cart
Our vacation
Our big change at the store
Organization
Child Proofing
Mike's Parents
My sister
Malik staying with us
Emily and the boy
Most of all I need to POST PICTURES....
There are a few more that I cannot remember...
I will think of them soon

I have to get ready and go to work.. Plus Alex is ready for him nap... Gotta Fly..

1 comment:

  1. Ever heard of amber teething necklaces? I just got one for Evelyn. I think it is working :) Here is the info on how they work:

    Bj,

    I did some checking on the Amber thing, very interesting.....

    Amber is a resin, not a stone & it contains succinic acid (pronounced: suck sin ic). When worn next to the skin it becomes warm & the succinic acid is released onto the skin & then into the bloodstream where it does it's thing.

    Our bodies have naturally occurring amounts of this substance, it plays a role in the Krebs cycle (metabolism).

    Allopathic doctors give this acid credit for being antispasmodic, anti-fever, anti inflammatory & an infection fighter.

    This means it's good for many conditions; arthritis, fever, earache, stomach problems, respiratory ailments. It also increases immunity.

    Baltic Amber is best. Ways to determine real vs fake is to smell it. It should smell slightly like pine tree resin. Poke a hot needle into it; if it is real it will show tiny cracks, if fake/plastic the needle will pierce it.

    According to this it would have the desired affect for teething. Apparently it also has a calming effect on the psyche as well.

    Good to know!

    Janessa

    ReplyDelete