Thursday, April 2, 2009

I should be sleeping

Well,
Alex went to sleep tonight at 9:30 and I am getting ready to head there myself. He fought me for about an hour and then I finally decided to put him in his infant car seat and I swear he was sleeping within seconds. I don't know what it is about that thing, but he loves it. I think it makes him feel secure and cozy. I am just glad he is getting a better night sleep tonight.

He had somewhat of a hard day today. We had his 9 month check up and everything was fine. He is 18 pounds and 29 inches. He is doing wonderful. No ear infection or wheezing!! Hooray :) I had to wake him up to take him so he was so exhausted to start out the day. At work he was just a fussy butt. He wanted me right by him all day. I pretty much just sat on the floor with him and played most of the time. He fell and hit is face at the store. The second picture shows the little bruise he got :( I was sad. He barely slept and so by 6:30 he was ready for a nap, so I let him sleep on the way home from Grandma and Grandpa's. Then he had to wake up and play for a couple hours.. He has just been acting like he is not feeling well. He has not been himself for a little over a week now. I am not sure what is going on.

I got a little kitty today. My sister Anne had it and it didn't work out for her so I brought it home. I am actually pleasantly surprised. Our dog Zoey has done awesome with it. She loves to play with it and it loves to play with her. The funny thing is that she is like 10 times bigger than it and she gets scared when it jumps out at her or hisses at her while they are playing. They are both BLACK and beautiful.. I am not sure what I am naming the kitten yet. I am going to let Mike help with that.

I have felt yucky today. I have had a headache, body aches and the chills. My tummy has been hurting pretty bad since about 1.. I am hoping I am not getting the flu or something horrible like that. I have not felt very good all week. Alex and I are both just poopy right now. Oh well, it will all get better soon. We both just need SLEEP...I may end up just taking tomorrow off to rest, relax and recuperate.

Here is my bible verse for the day. I really need to focus on this. He needs to be the center of my plans, decisions and thoughts. I do believe everything will be a whole lot brighter and better with a little faith, love and prayer. God is good. I need to be more faithful to him!! I do not pray enough and I take for granted the very thing that brought me and my family on to this earth. Without him I would not have my son. For that alone I owe my life.

"Commit to the LORD in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

Proverbs 16:3


Here is my prayer for tonight:
Dear Lord,
THANK YOU for ALL you do. THANK YOU for ALL you have blessed me with. THANK YOU for being here for me ALL the time!! THANK YOU for giving me the most amazing family. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Lord, I hear you and I see you, I know you are there. I know that sometimes I act like I cannot hear you or see you but I CAN. I promise to open up my eyes and ears and LISTEN to what you have to say. I promise to become more faithful to you. I promise to live for you. I need you to put someone in my life who can hold me accountable for the things that I do. I need you to put someone in my life who will encourage me to go to church on Sundays and worship You. Put someone here to talk to me about YOU. I need YOU.
I need you to put someone in Mike's life who will witness to him and help him to understand that You are real and You are here for him. I can't convince him of that when I myself have not "Walked the Walk" or "Talked the Talk".. Help me to show him how important You are to me. I want Alex to grow up and to know about Jesus and the story of his life and death. I want Alex to believe in God. I want him to pray and have faith. Show me Lord how to become a better Christian and Mother.
Lord, watch over my family. Keep Alex close to you and never let him go. Keep him safe from evil and from pain.
I love YOU and I always will. Help me to become a better person with a PLAN for life. I would like to know my purpose.
Thank you GOD
Amen



zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Alex Sleeping zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz




His little bruise from falling



His "Mommy why didn't you catch me" face



Our new little Kitten

No comments:

Post a Comment