Wednesday, April 8, 2009

People are Killing my Baby

Why is it okay for people to SMOKE around children?? When I go into a restaurant to eat and there is someone across the room smoking it makes me SO mad. I know there are "smoking" and "non-smoking" areas but it is all the same building. He breathes in the smoke. Why is it okay for ANYONE to light up a cigarette around ANY child? I don't care who they are. If they are going to smoke OKAY. Smoke in their car or outside or somewhere away from other people and kids. Why does Alex have to suffer for other peoples choices?? I will NEVER take him to Halfway again. We ate there the other night and it was a FOG of smoke. It was disgusting. I almost canceled my order and left. Applebee's is bad too. It always stinks in there. I know a few people that smoke in their homes and that is why I stay away. I don't want to subject Alex to that.

Mike's dad used to smoke and he NEVER smoked around me or Alex. He would never do it in the car with us or anything. Honestly, I never even knew he smoked until Mike told me and I noticed he went outside every now and then. He quit and I am so proud of him.

I guess I am just saying that if people are going to kill themselves that is their choice but Alex should not have to breath in the very same thing. It is not fair. I guess it is my responsibility as a mother to keep him away from it. I will do everything I can.

It makes me sad that people smoke. I know it is an addiction and I wish it did not exist. That is the number one reason I do not like Alex going to my moms. I know it is not healthy for him. She never smokes around him but it is still in the house.I just wish she would stop for herself. It is going to kill her eventually and I pray all the time for her to stop.

I hope that God can one day give her the strength to quit and let her know that she can overcome it. Sorry for the rant!! I just feel so strongly about it..

1 comment:

  1. I very much agree. I hate it when people smoke and my child is around. I hate it when I leave a building and I have to go past someone who is smoking. I can't avoid it because I have to leave. It upsets me. I shouldn't have to breathe it and neither should my child.

    ReplyDelete